Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ur Rolling the cash now ,My Ass

The phrase 'Happy Living' in software parlance is found to be a great big lie. My careful theoretical modeling and painstaking research reveal 1) that my whole work life after college is crap, as are all the the other forms of life all the other pretenders have and 2) that this whole thing I am doing for the past 6 years is a complete waste of my time. I remember how efficient my brain used to be when I was in school ! After reading anju's ,I was wondering about my academic days ...I vividly remember those fun times ...Especially the lab sessions ! I have disproved everything from Newtons laws to Bernoulli's Equations ... I tried .... we had one experiment - some specific gravity or specific heat capacity thing in lab in physics that was actually intentionally designed to NOT work. I think the point was to teach students that sometimes you have to just fail in ur lab exams .I still remember my brilliant pals complaining about how it was a problem with the equipment or their teamates and getting those glaring stares from the teacher.
I recall a 1st year physics lab in college when which my prof took marks off my lab record because I disproved Newton's laws :p. I checked and rechecked my calculations, and the stupid little ball just wouldn't land where it was supposed to and somehow this was my fault? I think the marks were eventually reinstated though, once the teacher realised I was the only one who didn't make up the data (a few too many people got identical and slightly too perfect of results which would have shocked Newton himself ...The rest got results that didnt make any sense... may be they would have worked in Jupiter).
Ufff!!! Nothing stinks as badly as an organic chem lab! I sometimes think scientists are too quick to call things laws, because it seems they can be proven wrong over and over again every day by ordinary buggers like us in school :p ...

Some of the stuff that used to vanish every week in the physics lab were

1) Vernier Calipers
2) lead balls
3) Mercury
4) Screw Gauge

All the effort to traffik the Physical Balance out was in vain as it didnt fit into anyone pocket :p

Once in school , one assole put the physics teachers signature in my lab record at the end of an experiments report and submitted it for him to evaluate .It was the worst sin you can commit in school . trust me. He totally freaked and I was totally unaware of the situation until when I reached home to find my Dad sitting with the record book in his hand !The nice boy that I am - I refused to point my friend who did it ...The alien in me was a cute little one and he never liked bad things then . I was told I was a devil and I will end up in Hell if I continue such things ! Waaw! I cud go on and on!
Ive come a long way now from those days ! I can only say that each and every sec of those times are reason for where I am now! I am glad! Im sure the ones who called me the devil are so so proud of me now :-) . They say ..I am rolling in the cash ! It is no match for the pristine happiness of those wonder years !

6 comments:

Bungz said...

Why is everybody writing about schools?!

Ha ha... I loved mercury especially. It is a very facinating and beautiful metal. And i remember the time there was leak of H2S during one of the science exhibitions! Nobody would go near that room for ages. My bio teacher was so interesting. He showed us how he put specimens in formaldehyde. Ah. Those glorious science class days...

Zak said...

so u had the hots for the bio teacher then

SamY said...

what with u and "ASS" ... think ur proly getting too obsessed with it :P ... ur 60kilo one as u call it :D

what in the world did ya guy steal lead balls for :)

** Once in school , one assole put the physics teachers signature in my lab record at the end of an experiments report and submitted it for him to evaluate .

lemme guess ... that guy was the devil in u ... unnaku chinna vayaru lerundhee split personality disorder undaaa ;) ... nice

Appletini said...

Physics is deinitely way over my head, but college was great for me too. Everything seemed much more alive back then, didn't it?

I am very happy that you are rolling in the cash.

What made the alien in you change?

Zak said...

haha! Rolling in the cash is what ppl from my native think! Reality bites though :p

do u know the ugly duckling which turned out to be this beautiful swan!
it works the other way around for aliens i guess :-)

Zak said...

Samy - Lead Balls were transported out of the lab becasue they needed something to measure the diameter of using the calipers and screw gauge ! intelligent thiefs i say!