
I am not fit enough to go up 11 storeys by stairs to my work place everyday ! i wouldnt have appreciated it even during my hay days! So I have just one option left! the elevators! It has become an integral part of my life . I realise i will not reach my cubicle if I dont have them functioning!
Apparently software engineers are supposed to consider themselves niche and smart ! And you have to be with them on the elevator when u rush to office to realise how niche and smart they are!
It is designed like this! 12 floors + ground floor denoted by 0 + two basement car parks denoted as -1 and -2 ! there are four lifts ! 2 work up to the 7th floor and the remaining two work from 7th to 12th ! So the ppl in the 7th floor have 4 lifts for their use :-((It is another case of improper demarcation and partiality.Lets save it for another day)
There are usually two buttons in each floor . one to go up . and the other to go down. Even a squirrel will understand that if you want to go up u have to press the button pointing up and vice versa! and the squirrel will also know that once you press the button you wait patiently till the lift comes to a halt at ur floor and u get into the lift only when the door has opened completely and that u first allow people coming out to come out completley :p
Say i want to go to the the 11th floor from the 8th floor ! I do what the squirrel would have done and wait! Then you have this complete idiot who walks up after you and keeps pressing the other direction too. Why? It is as if they are on a mission to irritate you . Is it because they want to go donwstairs ? A little conversation makes me realise that he wants to go to the 9th floor ! 20 stairs! 10 secs walk! the stairs are used only during mock fire drills to get down! I ask him why he is trying to press the down button when I have already pressed the other one ! He says it makes it faster ! Faster for what exactly !
Some idiots stop an elevator that is on its way down by pressing the down button. And They ask you whether it is going up ! They shock u by saying they want to go up and politely say they will wait without realising they have caused delay for you and are supposed to apologise. If that is not fair ! Some of the morons get in the elevator! they come all the way down with u! and then go up! Do they just enjoy being in elevators? And some wise ones! they just stand there and stare at the ceiling as if they are completely unaware of why the elevator stopped there! U feel like slapping them !
Then you have these cracks who think they are T-1000 from Terminator judgement day! The wait till the gap between the sliding elevator doors is 8 cm! they somehow pop up from nowhere and stick their foot or hand into the gap and open the door again!
If your done with all that you have these assoles who take up their client calls on the mobile fones in the lift! and those bunch of screwed newbies from college who think they are on a journey to mars!
Is there a book on lift etiquettes anywhere! I dont know why I need to be so courteous anymore while using the elevators! tomorow I will press all the buttons available in the elevator !I will get out of the elevator in the 1st floor ! get into the adjacent lift and do the same!
22 comments:
hey...amen to that!!! I totally get you! Well, what can you expect...these are the probably the same people who park their bikes across a perfectly good parking space that could fit a car and their bike if they parked it straight.
Maybe we should invent a lift that will say "are you dumb or something? can't you see the 'up' button' pressed?".
hehe yes! i usually give a little loving nudge to the bike if it is parked in such fashion ! i hate them too! may be we shud write abt them tooo!
the lift shud probably say in a screeching voice " take ur hands of me u retarded idiot"
** Is there a book on lift etiquettes anywhere!
is there a book on common sense :) ... we'r talking of absolutes dide ... people don't work that way ... u shud learn to irritate ppl over their stupidity
That was so hillarious. All your posts cracke me up. Thanks for dropping by my space.
Well! whats with u! That must have been some crow dropping! Once again! Are u from mars!
Saj, man... this was really really funny! You're gettin good at this. Anyway, good work with the book. I could use it ;-)
u mean the book of life :p
im waiting for u to give it to me !
Ummm... Well, many of them don't know that there are such ettiquettes - all these new fangled western ideas... I could write a post on this one...
bungi - i really did not understand what u meant
I do not work in the business field... my field can't afford elevators. I just take the stairs, but then again my office building is only 2 stories :)
apple ! its nuthn to do with the business! its just a coincidence
Ummm... What i was trying to say was, a lot of ettiquette we follow are western. And we have imported a lot of things and practises from the land over there as well.
This has resulted in some people being aware of the ettiquette and some are simply not aware of it. So, it results in confusion. These guys that trouble you at the elevator are either aware of it and are acting stupid or are really not aware of it...
areh! i was just saying press the up button for going up and down button for going down!
kavidey ! i was always too good at whatever i do ! tsk ! a few glitches due to certain female lifeforms over the last few months held me back !tis is very normal and I am yet to peak :-) .. u have no idea!
T-1000 . tat was funny
what u did with Richard Gere was too!
who are u otherwise!
u have a 0 button in these lifts?? hahaha that will be funny to watch...u could use these elevators to teach kids the number line eh.....3 2 1 0 -1 -2 at least they might get the concept better....here the ground floor is 1 and the basements are b1 b2 b3 and like that...
i used to get confused with it when i came back from singapore!
ahhh, now this was funny..nice post anna!ur getting a wee bit better.
Im humbled by your comment megey
And this to everyone! I am not trying here to prove my levels of 'funniness' and how great I am at that ! Im just trying to make a nice point that will improve the lives of millions :p !
point made....next try making a line...so people will rmbr it for long
Post a Comment