Monday, May 28, 2007

The Baboon Act

Ive been really stuck up with work@office off late ! So I tend to take these afternoon naps ! And Ive been posting up some of the funny stuff that I get to read in the name of saving some of the time that could be wasted! Its one of those phases! Yesterday I woke up from my afternoon siesta to the vibrations my screwed up phone. The ‘mademoiselle’ who was speaking said without a pause “this is me. Please tell mom that I will come to Chennai tomorrow by shadapthi express. Ok I will hang up now.” Before I could realize who ‘me’ is and why I should inform my mother of her arrival, she was set to cut the call. I was complelety freaked out as I knew very well that it was one of those completley wrong numbers. Raged by this criminal act of cutting my nap short, I replied indifferently “excuse me! I think you actually mean to call someone else. Please have hand eye and mind coordination when u have the urge to call someone!” For which, she dismissed the call without even a slightest show of regret!
Last week, a sms, which was supposedly a birthday wish to be sent to someone’s love landed up on my phone! Trying to figure out who that was, proved expensive! My outrageous reply(I replied "ur sweetheart just passed away after being bitten by a monkey") to that message costed me Rs 3/- as I didn’t notice that it was an overseas number!
Indifferent and casual attitude has completley taken over us.Gone are the days when people would say thank you, excuse me or sorry or pardon me at least out of courtesy at situations. Irrespective of whether they really felt so didn’t matter since it would avert an imminently threatening argument. Today we end up with unwanted calls from bank agents and irritating wrong numbers without any regret of annoying the person on the other end! Impoliteness is not restricted to just phone calls .It has found its way into one’s daily life as well. Be it at a mart, a restaurant or a mall(apparently cinema halls are getting eradicated here as they get embedded to these malls), silly fights are so so common!
Traffic bottlenecks invariably end in abusive and irritating conversations from the idiots rather than a nice sorry! A usual wait at a ticket counter, restaurant, shopping centres, and parking lots proves to be a stage for most of us to vent our anger in case of a heated argument. For all you know, most of them do it purposely in such random places since they would have failed miserably in venting out their emotions at home and work place! What is surprising is the level of patience, which has drastically decreased over the period of time. We now just wait for an opportunity to show our anger in spite of the problem being insignificant!
I saw this:Last week a bunch of boyz and girls walked into this super posh restaurant and ordered food. While the guys were busy with the beer, the girls were laughing in a silly, high-pitched way with short, repeated gasps and titters, as from juvenile or ill-concealed amusement or nervous embarrassment(they were giggling).It was like listening to a bunch of turned on baboons.All this for no reason. All they were trying to do was to make their presence felt in the otherwise serene ambience.Couple of those boyz also joined in the mating ritual ! In spite of knowing that everyone were pissed off ,the trash talk by them continued uninterrupted. While all this was happening, an cute lil kid woke up from its sleep and showed its annoyance by irrepressible screams. However, this didn’t prevent them from their repeated mimiciking of the baboons. Unable to bear the pain, the parents of the helpless child gave them their piece of mind. Nevertheless, their hippy act continued in full swing after observing a minutes silence! Why cudnt they go to those places which are exclusive for people doing the baboon act!I go :p ! It just takes a little patience and little common sense to evade such unhealthy scenes . I think it is time we had basic etiquettes along with moral science as a course in primary school.

Karen I dont know what James Bond ur refering to. Help me

6 comments:

Karen Xavier said...

saj, nice one... and those bunch of foul talking giggly kids, they all want to grow up too soon. They don't realise what they are missing out on....
anyway, that james bond joke, "my watch is 10 minutes fast"

Zak said...

ah that ! ok here it is !

James Bond sitting with a hot Girl and is showing his new telepathic watch..
Bond: My watch says u r not wearing underwear..

Girl: Sir I'm wearing them .. Bond: My watch is 10 Mins Fast...

Bungz said...

Dude, be tolerant! Read my post, i say!

Yeah. I do find the kids a bit annoying. Whatever happened to concern for others.

But you know what, we tend not to notice the good behaviour because the bad ones grab the attention. I do remember thank you smiles from pedestrians when i allow them to cross instead of zoom (i don't always do it, though). And there are a number of nicely behaving people too in the restaurant. So...

Zak said...

yeah like us! we are too bothered abt the food ,that we wont realise if someone smacks us in our head

SamY said...

** Gone are the days when people would say thank you, excuse me or sorry or pardon me at least out of courtesy at situations.

dude the guy/gal who read your reply must have been in shock and ROTFL ... thats y they cudn't reply :P

Gomathy S said...

Sometimes just think we wont have much to write w/o these creatures :P
World would be too boring .. hehehe