
It`s astonishing the way some people are a part of your life. How they just happen to show up at intervals decided by the cosmos. It`s ironic because it`s the same cosmos that plotted all this may one day take those people away from you. I don`t know why though. I`m reading an age old greeting card which I got in 1995 which says "You are Perfect..."... I keep wondering...People leave footprints they say! Life is beautiful!!!!
Last weekend was great. I got to hang out with around 185 of the so called wannabe Christian husbands and wives(most of them looked like they wanted to become priests and nuns). Apparently they have a clearance kind of course in the Roman Catholic Church .I had to attend a two day program and get myself RTPO certified ..I remember my Dad dropping me off in my first day at school in 1982(I really remember)... my first day in Nehru stadium in cbe when I started my football coaching.... my first day in college.... my first day in chennai after College...He was always there ...And ironic it had to be... He came and dropped me in the St.Michaels Church for what was supposedly another important two days in my life...Could not believe it happening when I am 28...He was still looking at me the same way he dropped me off in my L.K.G classes then...I almost felt like telling him "dont worry Dad,i wont pee in my pants during the class" :> ...it felt good deep inside! Some feelings never cease to amaze u! And as they say some footprints never get erased with time...Im sure his will remain till i cease to exist!
After a dizzy initial spell by a priest who made us repeat hymns sung by him, we all sat down wondering what was in store...I couldnt think that there were things that i did not know regarding marriage...There were sessions by lawyers ,doctors and senior citizens(guys who have apparently seen and done it all) ... They taught us everything about sex ...all forms of it (yes there are different forms of it) ..they even drew diagrams of the fallopian tubes and vas deferens and also taught us how to prepare a menstrual cycle chart(for the wives obviously :-) which will help in natural family planning...they wanted to make sure we dont end up cutting or clipping stuff later!! Ufff!!! Then, not everything was sleazy! they also tried to make us realise how important marriage is and how it is an important sacrament etc etc!truly enlightening!! I must say they served delicious high quality food though! Being Roman Catholics ,I thought the whole lunch on Sunday was like paying tribute to the rich culture and history of Rome by serving some kind of lousy looking pizza(or was it onion uthappam - Im still confused) !! I found most of the stuff very rib tickling !!!the night... the weather was sooooo good!! I ended up dreaming of having a passionate and steamy orgy involving me ,Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore,Eva Longoria,Rachel Weisz and our own Shriya and a large jacuzzi filled with chocolate syrup !!Aargh! Silly me![SAJJJEEEVEEE!!!Dont be so greedy! thats too much of chocolate syrup :p ]
I swear I had to drag myself to work on Monday. The only thing I remembered was the menstrual cycle chart! It was cool to think that God has used so much of Algebra in his thinking! Its like finding the approximate roots of a polynomial equation using Horners method or dividing the polynomial by a binomial using Ruffini's Rule...the methods are always right and easy...we always end up with the wrong answers :-)... patience...u need patience it seems...
Well!! I wish they really demarcate the people according to their needs after having a small face to face talk with them. I would have been more appreciative if my classes were pertaining to the spiritual side of marriage. I know mitosis and meosis and how an amoeba does not use its pseudopodia in any way to reproduce from my 11 th grade ...
They were doing some kind of weird advertising with the classes which I did not like. They were asking us to inform more Christian people about it( so that they can collect the Rs.100 registration fee ). They said they even had an advertisement for it even in NDTV and Headlines Today. Dont know if anyone of you would have noticed it ( probably right after the main news about Shilpa Shetty’s life (“Richard Gere kisses Shilpa”, “Shilpa throws stones at Shiv Sena alligators(sorry agitators)", "Passing crow drops white poop (shits) on Shilpa’s head”, “I've shampoo washed my hair ,Shilpa tells her fans” etc.))
And now dont get me wrong! I appreciate all the good things that were told to me! Just did not like the way some things turned out! Im sure it would have been helpful to many others! All said and done! It was a nice experience!
And for some reason I ve been thinking that karan johar is doing an advertisement for Whisper off late ...Is it true! :-)
ps: RTPO - ready to produce offsprings
3 comments:
Your dad goes beyond nice, though I must say, that was not a look of worry... he would have thought my son already knows everythin there is to know about the opposite sex. I just hope he keeps his "trap shut" and act decent, so that they give him the go ahead certificate to get married. Otherwise I am stuck to him!!!! AND THAT IS NOT SOMETHIN I CAN HANDLE IN THE LONG RUN!!!!
nice cartoon by the way... chicken soup for the whacky-viduals, you should write a book like that.
whaat is the matter with u now
! i let u have a bite from all the burgers other than yours! we also gave a portion of the pepper steak! and u ate all the sliced mangoes with ice cream urself so heartlessly!
Post a Comment