Friday, July 20, 2007

Ode to King Sajeeve - 28 years of blissful existense

I was just wondering what a wife will say if you get her a pack of cards when she asks u for something with diamonds :p ... Will she appreciate my acute intelligence... or Will she freak out and kick me in my #####...anyway ... I am not asking anyone to gift me diamondss... Ipod Nano Black will be fine for tomorrow...I turn 28...thats a lot aint it...OMG Im getting olddddddddd!! Im aging!!!!!!!!!! Whoever buys me the ipod nano black first will get a surprise gift... it is this



I really think that is the cutest video I have seen in a long long time...

So I am completing 28 years of blissful existence ...and this is no ode to myself...It was a gimmick to get you reading the post :p ... Looking back ... No regrets really .. Lots of fun...Lots of pain... but the all the pain is easily over shadowed by the good stuff... Tonnes of them... Friends... best friends... family... my brother ... sister...playing Soccer...quiet nights out...crazy nights out... crazy adventures...those thrilling bike rides to Ooty,all those car drives with the blaring music... the so called girl friends :p...working overtime, having afternoon naps in office/college, sleeping under my cubicle in office to be woken up by the manager next morning... cousins ..travelling...fights....dogs...dinosaurs...relationships...rain...snow...watching 'Friends'... Everybody loves Raymond.. Fresh Prince of Bell Air... Seinfeld...Lifeline...Fauji...Malgudi days...those movies..Yan Can Cook show...Champions League Soccer.. World cups...English Premier league ... Spanish league...Olympics...Real Madrid...Ac Milan... Manchester United ...Barcelona...Arsenal...Ronaldo(the real one)...Ronaldinho...Sachin tendulkar..Brian Lara... Wasim Akram...Waqar Younis...Curtly Ambrose...huddling up in a common friends place to watch all these...and all the FOODDDD...Ufff Ill stop with this now.... I really cant regret...
Of course there has been a sea change in how life is now! I ve been wondering how simple life used to be when we were kids. Fun had a completely different definition all together! My sister is twenty five and my brother is twenty four(he behaves 12)years old now...So I never really felt the age difference and would almost treat them as my equal [NEVER :p] ;-). There were times when I was bossy and protective though but mostly very friendly and as always funny and useless. The age gap almost disappeared by the time I was 7 i guess...Back then we used to play a lot of stupid and funny games... Like,mud or stone where one person was selected from a group using a complex algorithm from a group...It is called the IPP algorithm .(IPP - inky pinky ponky father had a donkey donkey died daddy cried inky pinky ponky. So u stand in a circle and one guy keeps reciting the line mapping each word to a person ..whoever maps to the last ponky is out... note :we can add as many number of ponkys after the last one and get whoever u want out, provided ur confident of bullying the kids around.I broke a guys nose with a marble bar once for having altered the algorithm and done a ponky on me to get me out .my hands were tied and I was made to kneel down for 1 whole day in my house. Mom was good enough to give me food and fruit juices when Dad was not at home :-) ) Ok back to the game... now some places like stair cases...flooring..anything made out of cement was marked as stone and the rest as mud... so when this guy/girl who is selected by the IPP algorithm says mud we are all supposed to run to places marked as stones before he could catch us...and vice versa...So whoever is caught will continue the cycle...if no one is caught he will continue...We learnt probability theory at seven ...the probablilty of hearing mud or stone was 0.5 unless the person who was out was a complete freaking nutcase... Can u believe it...The game ended only when someone ended up having a bad injury because of being kicked by someone while fighting for a place to stand... Of course the selection algorithm became X rated as we grew up ... it got modified when I was 12 to scooby dooby doo, took a poo,Shaggy thought it was candy,Shaggy took a bite,his balls turned white,end of poor shaggy... haha!!

Playing cricket in the living room with the hand and paper balls was another major physical activity...We had our own rules... we used to have 4 ,6 ,8,10,20 and sometimes 50 and 100 and 500 run hits ,depending or how far we manage to hit the ball...Scores used to be like 10980 for 1 in 8 overs...aand yes I was naturally good in Math...and my brother couldnt count(he still cant :>) so I used to keep track of the score and always win ... At that time I did think of it as a very intelligent game :-)...I would do the same with my friends and classmates in school and bask in the glory...
I also remember my birthdays in school. A birthday used to be a really big day. I would always want it to fall on a week day. We were supposed to carry candys to class and not be dressed in uniform. Eventually everyone would sing for the me and then I would distribute the sweets in class. The rich kids used to give chocolates like 5 star and fudgy to everyone in the class and also to the adjacent class rooms... I was under the category of kids who used to give cadbury eclairs and coffee bite...The other classification was kids who gave the lower priced ravalgoan and parrys orange candy...
But i have to say I felt like a king going into the classroom in a nice T shirt and jean in front of all those stupid looking kids in uniforms...I felt like I ruled them...the obvious awareness of being the priviledged kid of the day with all eyes on me..I would march up to the teachers desk like an emperor and give them the candy with a sheepish grin on my face!!! I used to feel I was the most important person alive on the day...Wonder if anything will ever make me feel like that in life nowadays..Ohh I miss that satisfaction too much....I dont say its not fun now... It is...It just feels so hilarious when I look back at those times now... But I do miss all that simplicity and innocence...Wish me luck and prayers anyways... This is the most important year in my life... You know why :-)

16 comments:

Bungz said...

Happy birthday

Jude said...

many more happy returns of the day. (I never quite understood what that meant)

littlemuch said...

happy birthday :D

Jude said...

why are you deleting your own comments

Zak said...

good! I am just monitoring if ur regularly reading my comments or not!

Karen Xavier said...

nice reply saj... and hope you had a great day. May you experience god's amazing powers in wonderful ways this year. Did they really make you kneel down for a whole day, I don't believe that...

Zak said...

yeah! u can confirm for urself ! the guys name was vasanth! he is son of the owner of emperor travels in coimbatore! but i dont know if they will remember the incident! my memory is crazy!

wildeyes said...

u are crazy!not ur memory..hope u had a great day anna. we all miss the simplicity and the innocence u had in you.

Zak said...

u drank beer when u were 2 yrs old megey! I had a fantabulous day!

Anonymous said...

happy burthday sajeeve.. been reading your blogs for a long time. will miss your orkut account seriously...
note:
am not gay!!!

Zak said...

Ill be back on orkut soon! thanks mate! missing someones orkut account doesnt make u gay! i dont think u realise the meaning of gay :p

Gomathy S said...

VERY VERY VERY belated birthday wishes.. better late than never :)

Zak said...

dangs scribbler

Ryan W.F. said...

that was a nice post. i almost had tears cos i was reminded of my childhood too (note: am not gay either!!!) especially the part about how the birthday kid distributes candies to the rest of the kids at school.

Zak said...

222 much ryan...u dont have to try so hard to be in our good books! we like u anyway :p

Anonymous said...

gay= happy